Power Rangers! Pink Power Rangers! Pink

Dude, where's the theme song?

That is ALL this thing is missing. Heck, any of the old fight tracks would be awesome here. See about including it in the next one, k?

Turing Test Turing Test

Very cool

It kinda floors me that you're the mind behind one of the lightest cartoons on newgrounds, and then you come up with something like this. Great choice in music; that really pushed the movie to the next level. I do agree with the one guy, watching a chat log generally isn't the most entertaining thing in the world, but I think you made it work. Really well, at that.

The only thing I'd recommend would be to make the kid's glasses a different color; they're kinda hard to see. Maybe up the contrast in the kid's room, too. Beyond that though, everything looks great. The chat log was well designed, loved the kid's expressions, and the timing with that final line was spot-on. Looking forward to more like this!

Jimtopia responds:

My brother had the same idea with his glasses color, and I will admit, it is hard to tell that they're there, but when I was designing the character, I was trying to put a lot of emphasis on the eyes, and I thought making the glasses a lighter color would be the right way to go, but in retrospect, it was probably not the best idea. Ah well, hindsight's 20/20 I suppose.

I'm glad you mentioned the final line, because that went through a lot of workshopping before I finally got it just right, and I'm happy that you mentioned it. Thanks for the review man. Now GET ON SKYPE. BLARGH.

Zelda - Target Zelda - Target

Why did you kill Cojiro?

He was, like, my favorite character!

The Only Thing I Know The Only Thing I Know

Full Marks For Guts

I have to give you props for putting a video like this on a website where a sizable portion of the content is devoted to video games. That took balls.

However, I must say that the execution was really iffy. Especially with the burning of WoW material. I know it was symbolic and all, but if you want to talk about wasting time and money, sending $200-$300 worth of merchandise up in smoke--along with however much gasoline you used to light it--kind of sends mixed signals. Not to mention that stuff all looked newly bought; if you want to gripe about wasting money on video games, why did you spend so much on all that stuff just to stick it on your grill and light it on fire? It would've been cheaper to just buy a bag of charcoal.

Now, I don't play WoW, mostly because i don't like the idea of having to continually pay to play a video game (they are only worth so much), but I do play other video games. Have done for most of my life. I can't say I really regret it, either. Especially at this point in gaming history, where technology has improved so much since the industry's beginning that good games have become an art form in and of themselves. Beyond Good & Evil, one of the most underrated games to hit the GCN (and a game which you featured in your video) has the most compelling, immersive story I've ever seen in a game. Assassin's Creed, for all its little gameplay flaws, was absolutely gorgeous to behold. Also: Portal. I don't think I have to explain that one.

My point is, there are a lot of poorly made games out there, yes. A LOT of them. And most games are made for no other reason than money. But there are definitely GOOD games with content of such a caliber as to justify devoting the time to playing through them. Whether its their writing, their look, or they're just plain fun, I think that good games can contribute to your overall life experience. They present an experience that is not present in other medias and tell stories that movies and books simply cannot. Not to mention they're a good pick-me-up after a crummy day.

But yes, this definitely took a lot to post here, and I commend you for it. Best of luck with your new lease on life, man. Hope it works out the way you want it to.

Girlchan in Paradise Ep2 Girlchan in Paradise Ep2

It's not OoT, but who cares?! I LIKED MM!!

I dunno if that's clear or not... Like, I really loved Girlchan ep.1 because it was completely unexpected; my mouth was hanging open the entire time because it was just ridiculous...RIDICULOUSLY AWESOME! So when you have a fantastic original and you make a fantastic sequel, there's gonna be just that smidgen of...i dunno, some kinda minor negative emotion (doubt or disappointment or confusion or something like that), over the fact that it's not the original.

Thankfully, like Majora's Mask was to Ocarina of Time, Girlchan ep.2 was an improvement over ep.1 in every way ^_^. The artwork especially was just gorgeous; Girlcha at it's peak. I had high expectations for ep.2 coming from the epic win that was ep.1, and you guys delivered. Can't wait for episode 3!!

VG Exiles - Episode 2 VG Exiles - Episode 2

Weak sauce in the second half.

I thoroughly enjoyed the first half. Gripping and engaging. Fantastic animation, sprites or no. The second half, however, dragged, and the use of stills as opposed to actually animating the scenes made me think that the animator just got tired after all the work he put into the fight scene (which was awesome, btw).

School 13 - Street Magic School 13 - Street Magic

I LOVE IT!

This is one of the funnies flashes I've seen in a while. I love your style, the jittery camera makes it feel much more real, even when the characters aren't moving. But what one my heart was the writing...granted, I'm already a fan of David Blaine parodies, but this one takes the cake ^_^ kudos.